Monday, April 20, 2015

Anticipation

Don't take me for granted
I have discovered that I am not like most people.  No surprise to the wife.  Thing is, I plan for contingencies in that I don't wait until something happens to think about what legal research tools I might use to fix or defend against something.

For instance, do you know how to bring a derivative lawsuit? So, picture it, you're a shareholder in a corporation and you think the the CFO has mismanaged corporate funds and you want to sue the corporation.  How do you go about doing it?  Well, might I suggest you take a look at:
Another one?  Say you have a dream about how to build a better mousetrap.  You get all Christmas-morning, birthday-pony excited and jump out of bed and fly over to your drafting table and sketch out your idea.  Oh, it is a glorious thing to behold, isn't it?!  As you start to drift off into sleepy land, a final thought comes to you....how are you going to protect your ideas?  Well, might I suggest you take a look at:
One more?  Say you're a plumber. You're working at a guys house.  Guy has a yappy, little Chihuahua.  Guy tells you his dog doesn't bite just as the #%$@^#!%$ dog decides to use your Achilles tendon as it's new chew toy.  Crippled, you limp over to our local county law library seeking help.  Might I suggested you take a look at:

Yep, few people think about what they need before they need it.  Good thing, then, that there are county law Librarians all around the world who are on the ball looking for what you need LOOOOOOONG before you think you'll need it.  Yeah, we are that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment