Monday, July 31, 2017

What was he thinking?!

Live long and prosper
Don't know if you know but I'm married to a most beautiful woman, have kids, have a mortgage, bills to pay, places that I want to go, things I want to do, people I want to annoy. Because of all this, I try not to put myself in situations that are going to get me killed (any time soon).  OK, yes - I work in a stressful environment where, at any time, someone could (and have) just flipped out.  But, besides, that, you don't see me bungee jumping into a hornet's nest just because it's there.

This was the thought that was going through my mind the other day when I was reading about some guy that got killed/murdered.  Seems he was standing outside his home at 3am arguing with some drunk guy.  First, if you don't work the night shift, why are you not in bed dreaming about unicorns and rainbows?  Second, if you're going to be outside your home at 3am, have the good sense NOT to argue with drunk people!

Seems this guy didn't follow my sense of logic and was outside his house arguing with a drunk guy at 3am, got stabbed (multiple times) and died on the way to the hospital.  What a waste.  I hope he didn't have kids.  I hope he didn't have a wife to take care of.  I hope he didn't have a mortgage, bills, places that he wanted to go to or things he wanted to do or people he wanted to annoy - because all of that is over; all because he wasn't where he was supposed to be (i.e. in bed dreaming about unicorns and rainbows).

While this isn't so much a blog post about legal research, it is a rant to people who feel the need to stand outside their homes at 3am and argue with random drunk people.  

Just, don't do it - because there be crazy people roaming the streets at night.  Best to stay inside where you have a fighting chance at survival because if you go outside in the wee hours of the morning, you're just going to wind up being another statistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment