Monday, January 25, 2016

Tell Me A Story

Is it over, yet?
The other day I had an attorney come up to me and asked if I would be a soundboard.  Seems attorney was going into trial in a day, or so, and needed some critique on their opening statement to the jury.

45 mintues later, my brain had turned to mush having become a card carrying member of the walking dead because that story was ever soooooo boring.  The problem was that because there was so many details to the story, I couldn't keep them all straight and then there was the cat and a dog and don't even get me started on the milk man.  Oy vey!

Clearly, attorney needed help with their delivery and I suggested a look-see at: 


The thing is, if you don't have a winning story, you're going to put everyone to sleep.  Best, then, to head over to your local county law library and let the Law Librarian help you find the resources you need to craft your best happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment