Friday, April 27, 2012

"Daffynitions" is more like it!

When I was a kid, my dad used all kinds of words to describe things which, as it turns out, weren't really words but, as it turns out, I thought were scripture (coming from my dad and all).  For instance, "Gizzy."  If my dad couldn't remember the name of something, it was a gizzy.  So, paper is a gizzy, a car is a gizzy, a pencil is a gizzy - if it's out of reach (or out of mind), it was a gizzy.

The reason I bring this up is because of a discussion I had with the San Diego Police Department a while back.  Seems they're having a hard time with people dealing/selling/using bath salts.  Now, when I was growing up, bath salts were what women used in their bath to help make them smell good.  Other uses of bath salts included the name brand "Epson Salt" which our family used as a cure/clean-all.  Turns out these days, the police refer to "bath salts" as a synthetic crystal-like powder that people typically smoke or snort (up their nose) and which acts as a stimulant.  Who knew?!  For more information on what bath salts are, take a look at the EDPM Blog.

 In any event, I've been educated and now you know what I know and (as the G.I. Joe cartoon told their audience every afternoon for 3 years), knowing is half the battle!

No comments:

Post a Comment