- Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket?
- Have you ever been married?
- Have you ever been divorced?
- Have you ever slipped in a store and hurt yourself?
- Have you ever rented property?
- Have you ever been evicted?
- Have you ever bought a car?
- Have you ever sold a car?
- Have you ever bought a house?
- Have you ever tripped on a crack on a sidewalk?
- Have you ever been denied insurance?
- Have you ever been fired from a job?
- Have you ever wanted to fire someone from a job?
- Have you ever had a neighbor who bothered you to the point of insanity?
- Have you ever had a neighbor with a dog that barked at all hours of the night?
- Have you ever rented property to someone who up and decided not to pay rent?
- Have you ever had your house foreclosed on?
- Have you ever wanted to create a trust, a will, or a power of attorney?
- Have you ever loaned money to a close friend or family member (and they decided to not pay you back)?
- Have you ever wanted to (or needed to) claim a workers' compensation injury?
Odds are you (or someone you know) has had one of these happen to you. Each one is a legal issue and someone had to conduct legal research to find the answers before they could file a law suit or seek satisfaction. That's where this blog comes in.
Each post will identify common, every-day legal issues and then address some of the resources that can help you find answers to those legal issues. Maybe it's a simple link to a webpage, maybe it's a book in a law library, or maybe it's a link to an attorneys website. Maybe it's a rant and it gets your blood boiling the point you want to do something! Whatever the resource or reason, this blog will help address your most burning questions.
But maybe you have a question that I haven't answered and you are desperate to know where to go. Go ahead and ask your question(s) because I'm betting there are legal resources you haven't even thought of looking at. The bottom line is that if you have questions, I'm betting I have most (if not all) the answers you're looking for. I won't provide legal advice but I can point you in the right direction to start your legal research project.
So, step up and let's get researching. Pretty soon, you'll be a bona fide legal researcher yourself and people will be banging on your door to do their work. You know they will. Heck, I know they will.