Monday, January 28, 2019

Well, THAT's Embarrassing!

Short skirts are great but they show lots of skin
So, barreling down the road on my way to work this morning, I happened to glance to my right and I see this young woman tugging on a very, very short skirt whilst attempted to put money in a parking meter. 

I'm thinking...if you're embarrassed that you don't have enough material to hide your bare legs (and near-bare bottom), you might want to consider wearing a longer dress.  

I'm just sayin.

Of course, this brought to mind an embarrassing situation involving a young attorney who came in our library a while back.  Seems Young Attorney was preparing to file a complaint in Superior Court.  

Simple enough.  Prepare the complaint, the civil case cover sheet, proof of service, that sort of thing. Of course, I tried to tell Young Attorney about the three things he needed but being young AND an attorney, he kinda didn't have any patience to listen to an omnipotent law Librarian.

So, the FIRST time Young Attorney went to the filing window, all he had was the complaint.  Court clerk tells him his forgetting something and back to the law library he went.  Again, Young Attorney wouldn't give me the time of day and after struggling to get his act together, he went back to the courthouse.

So, the SECOND time he went to the filing window, Young Attorney had a complaint and a summons .  Court clerk says, nope, try again.  This time, Young Attorney sought me out and I asked what he was lacking.  Showing compassion, I led Young Attorney over to California Forms of Pleading and Practice (Lexis).

So, THIRD time Young Attorney went to the filing window, he had his complaint, civil case cover sheet, AND the proof of service and......he got his stuff filed....at 3:39PM (with a minute to spare since the window closes at 4:00pm).

Of course, the whole time the clerks were laughing at the Young Attorney who got redder faced each time he had to go back.  Had Young Attorney taken the time to talk to the law Librarian, Young Attorney would not have had to deal with so much grief.

Well, it wasn't a complete loss.  At least I got a blog post out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment