Monday, January 14, 2019

He's gonna blow!

Beatnick chicYou may not know this about me but I teach legal research classes to/for the public.  Really dig it, I do.  What I really like is working with people who are hungry for information.

I can work with people like that.  What I can't deal with is whiners who complain that legal research is too hard. Thing is, the first time you do anything it's hard.  

Nothing new, there.

Take, for example, the Beatnik (a real hip and happening dude) who came into the law library the other day. Beatnik starts with the world is out to get him and how he doesn't know anything about legal research and would someone just do the work for him?!

My answer(s) to him: Yes, it is, that's probably true, and no, I won't.  

What I will do is help you out along the way.  Turns out Beatnik is fighting with his neighbor.  Seems neighbor has chickens that squawk at all hours of the day and the rooster starts sounding off around 3AM.  

No amount of pleading will get neighbor to silence his chickens.  Beatnick, cool cat that he is, has had it and wants to silence the chickens.

First, I asked if he had contacted county code enforcement (for a possible noise/code infraction).  Second, I suggested he take a look at:

Funny thing about Beatnik's, I always thought they were the most easy, laid back kind of people. Guess everyone has their breaking point.  

When next you feel the need to snap, know that your local county law library is just around the next corner to help you bring it back in.

No comments:

Post a Comment