Monday, September 8, 2014

It's just a moniker

bow ties look nice and stay out of your way
Have you ever thought about how you want to be remembered when you die?  I know this guy who has no love for a particular religion but because he wanted his name plastered on the side of an academic building, he donated LOTS of money to a college run by that religion.  Remember the film "The Green Berets" with John Wayne?  There was that one guy who wanted to be remembered.  So, on his death bed, he made a request and his landmark was known as Provo's Privy (i.e. bathroom).

The reason I bring any of this up is because the other day we had a teenager who came in with his mother.  Seems teenager had committed a number of crimes and had been labeled the Soggy Bottom Burgler because after he robbed a house he'd wade through the backyard pool (yeah, I didn't get it either, but stranger things have come across my desk).  Other nicknames of note would be Scarface (Al Capone),The Terminator (Antoly Onoprienko), Arsenic Anna (Anne Marie Hahn), Angel of Death (Beverly Allitt), Cell Phone Bandit (Candice Rose Martinez), and in the Daily Appellate Report is a case (People v. Lucas) where the defendant is known as the "Throat-slashing killer."  I mean, really - did they have to be so descriptive?

In any event, I've spent a few minutes thinking about how I want to be remembered when I exit into the great beyond - daddy, stud muffin, information god, Mr. BBQ - but I think "the Bow Tie Librarian" fits best.  Yeah, that'd do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment