Monday, April 17, 2017

SPOILER ALERT

Information God, I am
I have a confession.  I have not always been an information god.  Yes, yes, shock as that may be to some of my fans but I have not always been the dashing hunk of a Librarian you now "see" before you.  It was a long and arduous process that led me to this plateau. You see, there was time when I, too, got lost in libraries. Heck, I got lost on the freeways all the time.  I remember this one date I went on.  I was just getting used to driving on the freeways and I asked my brother how to get to Dodger Stadium.  Then I asked him how to get back home and he replied, "Just reverse the directions."  Famous last words. We left the Stadium at 9:30PM and I didn't get her home until long after 2AM.  OUCH!

I learned a valuable lesson from this experience: If you're going to ask someone for directions, make sure they know the lay of the land.  For example, say you're going to do a "simple" research project on what constitutes a legal search and seizure.  If you were to go to just any library, you might get lost in a sea of information.  If you were to come to MY law library, I could show you such wonders as:


...and off and running you would be looking for exactly what (and where) you need to be.  

What you would not be told is "just reverse the directions" or "it's over there behind the brown shelf."  See, your local county law Librarian is a professional (a King/Queen amongst a world full of kings and queens) and we're here to serve you and help you look good in court.

In fact, I challenge anyone to go to a law library and see if we won't help you be the best you can be. That's right, I'm throwing down the proverbial gauntlet.  I challenge all challengers to come/go and ask any legal research questions and see if your local county law Librarian can't send you along your merry with a warm and fuzzy feeling (and a list of stuff at which to look).


Bottom line, you've got questions, we've got answers.  Heck, we've got so many answers that you might just not want to ever leave the library.  So, you've been warned.  You may want to leave a last known address so loved ones will know where you've disappeared to.

No comments:

Post a Comment